Having literally been born into the hospitality business, Betsy Bluto Woods is the proud owner and innkeeper of The Knotty Pine Motel in Bennington. Since purchasing the business from her parents in 2005, she has continued the family’s 48 year tradition of providing courteous service and attention to detail. New services have been added under Betsy’s ownership, including in-season continental breakfast, high-speed internet throughout the property, and guest laundry facilities. Her knowledge of the immediate area and the Northeast is valuable to guests seeking the unusual or those who want to wander off the beaten path.
5 Reasons to stay at the Knotty Pine Motel
1) Location Location Location! You will be near it all when you stay at our motel. We are just minutes from The Bennington Museum, Covered Bridges, Bennington College and Historic Downtown Bennington where you will find galleries, restaurants, shopping and more. You can walk to the Mount Anthony Country Club and play a round of golf while overlooking the Battle Monument.
2) CLEAN! Read our reviews and the word used most often by our past guests is CLEAN. We take great care in ensuring your stay with us is comfortable and relaxing and we know that starts with the cleanliness of your surroundings.
3) You’re supporting a small, locally owned business! Every dollar spent at this business STAYS LOCAL! From our staff to local tradesmen, to the carpets. Even our super comfortable Natural Form mattresses are locally manufactured.
4) Attentive staff! The Owners at the Knotty Pine know the area like the back of their hands. After all they grew up here! Who else is better to recommend the best places to go shopping, the most delicious restaurants, and the best local attractions! We even have rainy day tips.
5) Main Level Access provides parking right outside your door. No need to lug your bags and suitcases up multiple floors, interior hallways and long corridors! All of the accommodations at our motel are located on the first floor providing easy access to all of our facilities, as well as outdoor sitting areas in front of every room.